Saturday, March 11, 2006

MCE TV skipping finally RESOLVED

Hi all,

I have had some serious problems with my MCE Live TV has been skipping and it was partly because I have had low signal but I have got a booster and it got better but the skipping still occurs.

I thought it was intermittent but only until today when I have tried to copy some mp3s onto my MCE while watching Live TV from another computer over the network.

My MCE is connected to the network via a USB wifi B class dongle to a Linksys B class router and I was copying files from my Laptop that has a Wifi B class adapter build in.

The Live TV comes up with No TV Signal message.

I only have one HDD in the MCE so I was copying to the same that MCE uses to cash the Live TV but anyway I know now that MCE is not capable of doing this.
But as I investigated further I found out that the WIFI card is the BOTTLE NECK of my system as if I am accessing internet while watching live TV the TV skips and it also skips itself without me even doing anything else than watching Live TV.

BUT when I disconnect the WIFI dongle and therefore there is no network connection to my MCE skipping immediately stops and all works fine.

Therefore I ask:

Is there a Microsoft Approved WIFI adapter that will work with MCE?
Why is copying files over the Network to MCE gives No TV signal message?

Thanks
--
Intel P4 3.2 ghz Hyper Threading
GIGABYTE GA-8IG1000MK intel 865PE
HIS Excalibur ATI Radeon 9250SE 128MB DDR TV-Out/DVI (AGP)Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1300 Media Centre Edition Freeview TV Tuner

3 comments:

CUNTGAVCE£$^43654 said...

You absolute legend. I'm having the exact same problem. I'm running a Hauppauge HVR 1300, AMD 3000 X64, 1g RAM, ATI X800 GT on Win XP MCE 2005 and for the last few days (that I've been assembling my media pc) I've been blaming the plethora of drivers, encoder or OS for this jitter when watching Live TV.

Disabled my WIFI connection and it sorted it all out. hmmm, now to get them working in harmony....

Brano said...

Glad it helped you mate. I have now my Media Center setup right and wont be touching it any more ;o)

UTMC said...

I have the same issue, it happens even when my LAN connection is enabled. I believe the issue is bandwidth, as I'm using the same cable for MCE Live TV and for the internet. When I disable the LAN connection the skipping disappears.

Thanks for the help, I was really going crazy with this skipping!