Saturday, March 11, 2006

MCE TV skipping finally RESOLVED

Hi all,

I have had some serious problems with my MCE Live TV has been skipping and it was partly because I have had low signal but I have got a booster and it got better but the skipping still occurs.

I thought it was intermittent but only until today when I have tried to copy some mp3s onto my MCE while watching Live TV from another computer over the network.

My MCE is connected to the network via a USB wifi B class dongle to a Linksys B class router and I was copying files from my Laptop that has a Wifi B class adapter build in.

The Live TV comes up with No TV Signal message.

I only have one HDD in the MCE so I was copying to the same that MCE uses to cash the Live TV but anyway I know now that MCE is not capable of doing this.
But as I investigated further I found out that the WIFI card is the BOTTLE NECK of my system as if I am accessing internet while watching live TV the TV skips and it also skips itself without me even doing anything else than watching Live TV.

BUT when I disconnect the WIFI dongle and therefore there is no network connection to my MCE skipping immediately stops and all works fine.

Therefore I ask:

Is there a Microsoft Approved WIFI adapter that will work with MCE?
Why is copying files over the Network to MCE gives No TV signal message?

Thanks
--
Intel P4 3.2 ghz Hyper Threading
GIGABYTE GA-8IG1000MK intel 865PE
HIS Excalibur ATI Radeon 9250SE 128MB DDR TV-Out/DVI (AGP)Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1300 Media Centre Edition Freeview TV Tuner

2 comments:

Brano said...

Glad it helped you mate. I have now my Media Center setup right and wont be touching it any more ;o)

Emanuel Nazareth said...

I have the same issue, it happens even when my LAN connection is enabled. I believe the issue is bandwidth, as I'm using the same cable for MCE Live TV and for the internet. When I disable the LAN connection the skipping disappears.

Thanks for the help, I was really going crazy with this skipping!