Friday, March 31, 2006

New Silent Cooling for my MCE

I have recently upgraded the cooling system in my MCE as the old one was just so noisy that I couldn't even watch TV

Here are some pictures of the new CPU Heatsink that is actually 140x120x60mm that you can't really tell from the picture. It produces 12-24 Db of noise depends on how do you setup the fan speed controller. I have it setup to max that is 24 db then

I have a Socket 478 Pentium 4 CPU but this Heatsink will fit any CPU in any socket as it comes with all different accessories for all available CPUs including :
any Socket 370, 462, 478, 754, 775 and 939

Here are some pics:










Ok and for the Case Cooling I have added two 60 mm fans that are rated 8db so that is 16 more db to my total of 16 + 24 = 40 db that is virtually Silence

Without needing an expansive watercooling installed... (that needs a lots of maintenance like cooling liquid changes etc... not talking about water pouring to your machine)

Here is a pic of the 8 db 60mm fan:






So If you are looking to get some of this cool stuff email me and I will get you some. You can also check the manufacturers page www.silenx.com there are links to resellers too but they are expensive I can tell you this whole package of CPU cooler + 2x 60mm Coolers + Delivery cost me nearly 80 GBP

No comments: